As per the article we came across in Reuters TOKYO: “Japanese researchers said on Wednesday that low concentrations of ozone can neutralise coronavirus particles, potentially providing a way for hospitals to disinfect examination rooms and waiting areas.” Read the full article here.
And we have just the machine for this – JIMCO’s MAC500 Air Purifier.
This compact air purifier reduces viruses, mould, bacteria and odours, improving comfort levels in the work place and reducing absenteeism due to illness.
- JIMCO’s technology has already been tested by Dr Brill and Partner GmbH, and has shown to deactivate the most resistant enveloped viruses by 99.84% in the air and more than 99.99% on surfaces using ozone.
- All Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, and therefore one can conclude, in relation to the European standard NF72-281 and Dr Brill’s findings, that JIMCO’s equipment have the same effect on SARS-COV-2.
- All JIMCO technologies are based on photolysis oxidation. This is a natural and environmentally friendly process in which UV-C light breaks down organic materials, including bacteria, yeast and mould spores, and viruses.
- The MAC500 produces the same level of ozone as you would experience out in nature on a sunny day, helping to create a good indoor climate.
- The purpose of the MAC500 is to reduce microorganisms in the air and it can be used while people are present.
- While many air purifiers on the market use filters, the MAC500 does not. It is far better to destroy microorganisms with UV-C light rather than to retain them in a filter.
- Most air purifiers are not powerful enough to keep the indoor air clean. Bacteria multiply 5 to 6 times an hour at room temperature, while an air purifier only changes the air once an hour. This is precisely why the MAC500s add small amounts of ozone to the air.
- “In a swimming pool, even if you change the water once or twice a day it would not be enough to keep the water clean, and that is why you add chlorine. MAC500s work the same way. The air is changed approximately once every two hours, purified by the UV-C light, while low levels of ozone added to the air help keep the air clean at all times.”
During the last SARS epidemic, JIMCO’s MAC500 was documented as effectively reducing microorganisms in the air. The test took an hour. After 15 minutes micro-organisms were added to the room and over the next 45 minutes the MAC500 quickly degraded the microorganisms, as you can see from the graph.
- In general results obtained for Ozone levels were within the Ministry of the Environment (ENV)’s “Guidelines for Good IAQ in Office Premises” and ASHRAE’s IAQ Guidelines as well as other established International organisations such as OSHA, NIOSH and ACGIH.
- The overall Air Quality Assessment of Total Bacterial Counts, Total Fungal Counts and Ozone Levels showed that the JIMCO MAC500 can be considered as acceptable and efficient by means of generating low level ozone that is below acceptable human ozone exposure limit of 0.05 ppm (8 hours), which disinfects bacteria, yeasts and moulds, viruses, neutralise airborne odours and other organic compounds.
It is no coincidence that JIMCO supplies air-treatment units to some of the biggest chains in the world – including Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, KFC, Burger King, Radisson, Google and many of the McDonalds restaurants.