Biofilms form the largest activity center on the planet. Contamination, fouling and energy loss from biofilms is costing the food industry billions in world GDP, while claiming the lives of millions worldwide. Recently we had the pleasure of attending the Barcelona Biofilm Summit 2020 held online. It was extremely interesting and informative, and for those […]
- General Details
- Technical Info
- Order Enquiry
- Product Videos
Eco-Lyte (NTL) is a tasteless, colourless transparent biocidal liquid with a neutral pH – formulated to replace toxic chemical disinfectants with a single chemical free, biodegradable solution.
- Proven effective, fast-acting disinfection
- Destroys bacteria, viruses and mould spores
- 100% Harmless for humans, animals and the environment
- Chemical free, pH balanced and biodegradable
- Certified NRCS & SABS tested
Eco-Lyte (NTL) is inexpensive and available in volumes: 1L, 5L and 25L. 500ml spray bottles are also available for on-the-go convenience.
Effectively sanitise anywhere!
|Wipe all high-touch surfaces for instant disinfection. No gloves required.||Wash fruit and vegetables to get rid of pesticides and extend shelf life. Use in packing ice for fresh fish and seafood.|
|Sanitise bathrooms, kitchens, food processing areas, tools, etc. with a convenient on-the-go spray.||Safely fog work spaces even when humans and animals are present. It’s 100% safe.|
|Ideal for use in MISTING tunnels – 100% safe for humans and animals.||Use this approved, powerful, alcohol-free hand sanitiser that is gentle on skin.|
|Use in large scale CIP treatment.||Sterilise dustbins, equipment, containers and packaging.|
Science and Nature in Harmony!
Eco-Lyte (NTL) is the product of a patented electrochemical activation process that mimics the chemistry of the human body’s natural defence system. The key active ingredient to Eco-Lyte’s advanced disinfection power is the compound Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) which is the same mild acid our body generates in response to infection. This biocompatibility results in a chemistry that is safe to use around humans, animals & food whilst being detrimental to pathogens.
The formulation is scientifically known by a few names: Anolyte, Electrolysed Water, Super Oxidized Water, Mixed Oxidant Solution, etc. However, our brand Eco-Lyte (NTL) is a specifically developed variant with unique metastable properties and is produced with commercially viable and appropriate volumes of the active ingredient.
|#||Active Substances||wt/vol %||Symbols|
|2||Hypochlorous Acid + Hypochlorite Ion||<0.05%||HOCl + OCl|
Download the TDS for more information.
Contact us for more information or to place an order
How does Eco-Lyte (NTL) work?
When Eco-Lyte (NTL) comes into contact with a bacteria or virus it targets the cell structure and causes the rupturing of biochemical bonds, and subsequent loss of function. Basically it creates an imbalance, breaking down the defences and rendering the micro-organism harmless.
This solution is highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses, spores and pathogens, for example: Coronavirus; Avian Flu; Swine Flu; Herpes Simplex; Listeria; E. Coli; Salmonella; Enterobacter spp.; P. aeruginosa; Candida albicans; Bacillus cereus; Aspergillus niger; Legionella; MRSA; Hepatitis A; and more.
What is electrolysed water?
It is a solution known as Anolyte (trade name Eco-Lyte (NTL)), and is the result of the electrolysis of ordinary tap water containing dissolved sodium chloride. This electrolysis produces a mix of hypochlorous acid and sodium hydroxide. The resulting oxidising water is a known cleanser and disinfectant or sanitizer. It is 100% safe to humans and animals and, because in time it returns to its constituent parts, it is also environmentally friendly.
What ingredients are in Eco-Lyte (NTL)?
The initial ingredients used to produce electrolysed water are salt (NaCl), water (H2O) and electricity – and that’s all.
The saline solution is passed through an electrolysis chamber where it splits into positively and negatively charged solutions. The negative ionic solution contains small amounts of Oxygen, Hypochlorous Acid and Hydroxide ions. This solution is what we refer to as electrolysed water or Anolyte.
What is Hypochlorous acid?
Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is the same acid our body generates in response to fighting an infection. Although it is a weak acid it is the primary disinfection agent of Eco-Lyte (NTL).
Why does Eco-Lyte (NTL) have a slight chlorine smell?
Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) present in the electrolysed water gives the solution a slight smell of chlorine. HOCl is present by less than 50 parts per million (ppm), this is the equivalent of 0.005%.
When would I need to disinfect drinking water?
If you use municipal water (tap water) this will have already been processed and treated with chlorine. However, if the water is held in storage and not replenished daily, the residual kill of the chlorine originally used to treat the water is no longer effective, making it susceptible to bacteria.
A daily dose of Eco-Lyte (NTL) added to the water ensures that bacteria and viruses are killed.
How do I know if Eco-Lyte (NTL) is working?
Using a hygiene testing kit with ATP swabs we measure the level of ATP on a surface. ATP is present in all organic material and is the universal unit of energy used in all living cells. The level of ATP indicates the level of cleanliness.
Do I have to dilute Eco-Lyte (NTL)?
Eco-Lyte (NTL) is sold in its concentrated form and although no harm will come from applying it as is, we do recommend diluting it to different strengths for different applications. Refer to our Dilution Guide.
What do I do if Eco-Lyte (NTL) is accidentally swallowed?
Eco-Lyte (NTL) is safe, non-toxic and non-irritant. Swallowing small amounts will not pose a risk, however, it is not recommended to consume the solution. In the case of ingestion we recommend drinking cool fresh water to flush and dilute.
What do I do if Eco-Lyte (NTL) comes into contact with eyes or skin?
Eco-Lyte (NTL) will not harm eyes or skin. If sensitive eyes are irritated, flush with water. If sensitive skin is irritated wash with soap and warm water.
What happens if I inhale Eco-Lyte (NTL)?
Nothing. No harm will come to you, your animals or your children, this product is 100% safe. If, however, you feel light headed from continuously inhaling, move to an area with fresh air.
How should I store Eco-Lyte (NTL)?
Store in a cool dark area in the container it was supplied in.